Welcome to the new Jetnet
This site offers an entirely new way for you to connect and collaborate with your colleagues around the globe. Before you participate for the first time, please make our lawyers happy and accept the following Terms & Conditions:
New Jetnet opens an opportunity for two-way communication and more collaboration among our colleagues. With this new openness comes responsibility and accountability for everyone who participates. When posting a comment or participating in a discussion, it is important to be respectful of the audience, factual about the information you post, and willing to take responsibility for the information you've posted. It is important to remember:
- Do not disclose confidential company information.
- Do not share your own sensitive information in your profile, blog posts or comments (i.e. bank account information, credit card numbers, social security number)
- It is your decision to post and use New Jetnet to interact, exchange, and express your ideas and opinions.
- All posts to the site will be identifiable – there are no anonymous posts. All your activity on New Jetnet will be identified with your name and your avatar.
In connection with your use of the new Jetnet site, you are responsible for reviewing and understanding all company policies and guidelines, as they apply to your participation and activity on the site, including without limitation:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
American reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. American will notify Users of any material changes to the Terms and Conditions by updating these Terms and Conditions here and by including a "NEWLY UPDATED" label with the Terms and Conditions link on the new Jetnet Site for 30 days after any material changes are made. Your use of the Site following any such amendment of these Terms and Conditions will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms.
You agree that this Agreement is made and entered into in Tarrant County, Texas, and that Texas law governs this Agreement's interpretation and/or any dispute arising from your access to, dealings with, or use of the Site, without regard to conflicts of law principles. Any lawsuit brought by you related to your access to, dealings with, or use of the Site must be brought in the state or federal courts of Tarrant County, Texas. You agree and understand that you will not bring against AMR Corporation, American Airlines, or any of its affiliated entities, agents, directors, employees, and/or officers any class action lawsuit related to your access to, dealings with, or use of the Site.
1. To participate, you will need a Jetnet account, including a unique password. You are solely responsible for keeping your password secure and for any activity that occurs on the Site using your password. You must notify American immediately by e-mailing American at firstname.lastname@example.org of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. You must never use another user's account without his or her authorization.
2. You will be liable for the losses of American or others due to any unauthorized use of your password or account.
Your User Submissions and Conduct
You may submit material, including comments, as free-form text. Any materials submitted on the Site using your password are collectively referred to as "User Submissions." 1. By providing any User Submissions on the Site, you hereby grant American the following rights:
(a) An irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, fully-paid-up, royalty-free perpetual license under any copyright, trademark, right of publicity, right of privacy and other right in or relating to any User Submission to modify or create derivative works based upon such User Submissions and to use, copy, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce and otherwise exploit such User Submissions and any such modifications or derivative works, including, without limitation, the title(s) and each and every element of the User Submissions or of any such modification or derivative work, in whole or in part, in any and all manner and media (whether now known or hereafter invented or discovered) and for any purpose, including, without limitation, on the Site and in advertising, publicity, promotional and marketing materials;
(b) An irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, fully-paid-up, royalty-free perpetual right to use your name in connection with any User Submissions and any promotional activity, including, without limitation, on the Site and in credits, advertising, publicity, promotional and marketing materials; and
(c) An irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, fully-paid-up, royalty-free perpetual right to sublicense or assign or otherwise transfer to any other person or entity any rights granted by you under these Terms and Conditions.
2. You hereby acknowledge and agree that:
(a) American shall have the right to review, arrange, organize, classify, categorize and/or delete any User Submissions and any modifications thereof or derivative works based thereon in any way it desires in American's sole discretion;
(b) American shall have the right to publish or display commentary or criticism submitted by other Users regarding or relating to any User Submission in American's sole discretion, and you waive any claims against American based upon any such commentary or criticism, including, without limitation, any claims for defamation;
(c) American shall have the right to review and police the Site, including to review each User Submission before it appears on the Site, and to remove any material that it deems in its sole discretion to be offensive or not suitable to remain on the Site;
(d) American shall not have any obligation to provide you with any credit when using any of your User Submissions, but in the event American chooses to provide you with credit the size and placement of the credit shall be at American's sole discretion;
(e) No confidential or fiduciary relationship exists between you and American, and no such relationships have been established by reasons of these Terms and Conditions or by reason of your submission of any User Submissions to American;
(f) You are not authorized to create any derivative works based upon the Site or any part thereof, including any American or third party content thereon (other than your own User Submissions) (collectively, the "Content"), nor are you authorized to copy, download, distribute, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce or otherwise exploit the Site or Content or any such derivative work, or to in any way use any American trademark, service mark, trade dress or trade name (including, without limitation, any American logo or slogan), and you agree not to do any of the foregoing;
(g) You will not issue any advertising or publicity concerning American or the User Submissions;
(h) Upon notice from American, you will immediately disable and remove any link to the Site or any part thereof, including, without limitation, to any User Submissions on any part of the Site;
(i) No User Submissions will include any link of any type to any address on the Internet or other network, including, without limitation, any page that is part of any other website;
(j) You are not entitled to any compensation or other payment from American in connection with any User Submissions or otherwise relating to the Site or any activity thereon;
(k) American has not made any promises or representations to you in order to induce you to provide any User Submissions;
(l) You will not circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or that enforce limitations on use of the Site or the Content;
(m) American reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Site and the Content;
(n) American does not endorse or recommend any Content submitted by any third party or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and American expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with any Content; and
(o) Your conduct on the Site will comport with the Code of Conduct. American reserves the right to amend the Code of Conduct at any time. American will notify Users of any material changes by updating the Code of Conduct posted on the Site and by including a "NEWLY UPDATED" label with the Code of Conduct link on the Site for 30 days after any material changes are made. American will also send notice of any such material changes by e-mail to Registered Users. Your use of the Site following any such amendment of the Code of Conduct will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms.
3. You represent and warrant that:
(a) You have the full power and authority to enter into these Terms and Conditions, to grant the rights herein and to perform all of your obligations set forth in these Terms and Conditions;
(b) You are the author of your User Submissions and each and every element of the User Submissions is an original work created by you;
(c) You are the sole and exclusive owner of your User Submissions and all of the trademarks, copyrights and other intellectual property contained therein;
(d) No third party is entitled to any compensation or payment as a condition for or in connection with the exercise of any rights granted hereunder relating to any User Submissions by American or any successor or transferee thereof or direct or indirect sublicensee of American or any successor or transferee thereof;
(e) No User Submissions violate the privacy or publicity rights of any person or include or reveal any trade secrets or other confidential information;
(f) No User Submission contains or promotes any (i) pornography or sexually explicit or suggestive content; (ii) obscene or offensive content, including any content that disparages any persons based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender status, handicap or age; (iii) other content that would be inappropriate for or potentially harmful to minors; (iv) content that libels, slanders or defames, or that would tend to harm, embarrass or reveal private facts about, any person or entity; (v) criminal or illegal acts; (vi) violent or dangerous acts; or (vii) viruses, "Trojan horses," spyware or other malicious or surreptitious code of any type or nature;
(g) Neither the distribution, nor the public performance, display, reproduction nor any other exploitation of your User Submissions shall violate any law, ordinance or regulation of any jurisdiction, whether inside or outside of the United States; and
(h) Your User Submissions do not constitute or contain an advertisement or solicitation of business of any kind.
4. You understand that American may use your User Submissions, in whole or in part, for advertising, marketing or promotional purposes.
5. You are solely responsible for your User Submissions, the consequences of posting or publishing your User Submissions, and any material or information that you transmit to other members and for your interactions with other users of the Site.
6. You shall not sue, and you irrevocably, unconditionally and entirely release, and forever discharge American and its advertising agencies and other contractors or service providers and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors, assigns and sublicensees, jointly and individually (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Releasees"), from any and all manner of liabilities, claims and demands of any kind or nature, whatsoever, in law or equity, whether known or unknown, which you ever had, now have, or in the future may have against the Releasees with respect to any exercise of any right granted hereunder or pursuant hereto and/or your decision to provide American with any User Submissions. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you specifically acknowledge that you shall not be entitled to equitable or injunctive relief, and you knowingly and voluntarily waive any such right, and you shall not seek to prevent or inhibit the exhibition, distribution, reproduction, broadcast or other use or exploitation of any of your User Submissions and any modifications or derivative works based on such User Submissions by American or any Releasee.
7. You acknowledge that your User Submissions may contain concepts, ideas, proposals, suggestions and the like. You hereby acknowledge and agree that:
(a) American receives numerous submissions from many parties and/or may have independently developed and/or considered similar concepts, ideas, proposals, suggestions or the like and that American's review of any concepts, ideas, proposals, suggestions or the like included in your User Submissions is not an admission of novelty, priority or originality; and
(b) American is authorized to use, disclose or otherwise exploit any concepts, ideas, proposals, suggestions or the like, whether or not based on your User Submissions, without any obligation to you whatsoever and without compensation to you.
8. You understand that American will be acting in reliance upon your grant of rights, representations, warranties and indemnities in these Terms and Conditions and may incur substantial expense in reliance upon such grant of rights, representations, warranties and indemnities.
9. You hereby acknowledge that American will not return any User Submissions provided by you. American shall have the right to retain or destroy any User Submissions at its sole discretion, and you hereby release American from any claims related thereto.
10. You shall not have the right to assign or otherwise transfer these Terms and Conditions or any of your rights, obligations or duties of performance herein and any such assignment or other transfer shall be null and void unless expressly accepted by American in writing, in its sole discretion. These Terms and Conditions are binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of the respective permitted sublicensees, successors, heirs and permitted assigns of the parties hereto.
Account Termination Policy
1. American may, at any time and in its sole discretion, terminate your use of or access to the Site with or without notice, including, without limitation, by cancelling your account and disabling your password. Further, American's policy is to terminate members and accounts that have, or that American believes have, repeatedly posted infringing materials to the Site or otherwise violated these Terms and Conditions or the Code of Conduct.
2. American has the right but not the obligation to review and remove from the Site any User Submissions at its sole discretion and without notice. However, American has no responsibility for monitoring, filtering or pre-screening submissions and has no obligation to modify or remove inappropriate content and has no responsibility for the conduct of the user submitting any such content.
Violations of the Terms and Conditions governing the Site, may result in termination of your account and deletion from the Site of your postings. American will decide in its sole and exclusive discretion whether you have violated the Terms and Conditions governing the Site and whether your account will be terminated as a result.